CM Iron Hammer
We discovered this coalmine using Google Earth. We visited it during the urbex tour Gemany in july 2007. We visited the place on the last day of the tour, so we did not have the energy to go for the low profile entrance. We just walked in and hoped for the best. That is what we got, for some reason there were no people looking in the right direction at the right time.
In 1874 production on this site began. In time eight shaft were being build (1874-1986) and closed or demolished (1969-2000). In the second world war the site was damaged in large extent. After the war the complexes were rebuild and production took off again. In 1989 an important treaty was signed with Ewald. Since that year there was no coal being brought above the ground using the shafts of Iron Hammer, all went to Ewald. The shafts of Iron hammer were used for miners and material. In 2000 all coal mining operations were stopped, but the site was never abandoned. Most of the buildings are still in use today by DSK, they maintain their vehicles here.