We visited the castle in July 2006. It's the second location we did not find ourselfs. This one is from the internet too. We do not plan to make this a habit, but it's such a beautiful castle! Inside there are lots of traces of vandalism. That's a pitty.
The castle was built in 1866. It was a design from the english architect Milner. The catsle was the summer residence of the Family Liedekerke de Beaufort. They lived in the castle untill 1958, with an interruption in the second world war, when the Nazi's occupied the castle. After 1958 the castle was used for different purposes. Untill 1991 the castle was used as home for children of employees of the Belgian railways.
The info mainly comes from the site of dubtown: < dubtown Industriekultur >