The team visited this site in 2005. Since there is a strict no access-policy concerning this terrain, we visited the terrain during a visitors-day. Not really urban exploring, but very cool and better than a night in jail.
Built from 1867 to 1870 this fortress is one of the biggest of the new Holland defence line. The fortress protected the part that could not be flooded by water. In 1880 a new bomb-free barrack was build. The fortress saw no battle action and from 1950 to 1996 it was used for storage by the Dutch Ministry of Defense. In 1996 the area was sold to Staatsbosbeheer, a nature preserving foundation, because of the special and rare plants and animals on the site.